Georgia’s Rome Tennis Open, a $60K USTA Women’s Pro Circuit Event, will return to Rome Tennis Center at Berry College from January 31-February 6, 2022.
The tournament will feature some of the best up-and-coming players inside the top 100-250 in the WTA world rankings, from the USA, and around the world.
“We are excited to host the USTA pro circuit again in Rome, and this year we will be playing in our beautiful indoor facility. Last year, protocols prevented us from having spectators, but I am happy to announce the tournament will be open to the public to attend and watch some great tennis” said Tournament Director, Ann Hortman.
Tickets are only $5 per day or $20 for a week-long pass and can be purchased online at RomeTennisCenter.com
Here is the Order of Play:
- Monday, January 31- Qualifying Round 1 (First match 10am)
- Tuesday, February 1 – Qualifying Round 2, Main Draw Singles & Doubles Round 1 (First match 11am)
- Wednesday, February 2 – Main Draw Singles & Doubles Round 1 (first match 11am)
- Thursday, February 3 – Main Draw Singles Round 2 & Doubles Quarter-Finals (first match 11am)
- Friday, February 4 – Singles Quarter-Finals, Doubles Semi-Finals (first match 11am)
- Saturday, February 5 – Singles Semi-Finals, Doubles Finals (first match 11am – Doubles finals follow singles semi-finals)
- Sunday, February 6 – Singles Finals (11am)
Since the tournament will be held indoors, masks are required to be worn at all times. Spectators must enter through the clubhouse for credentials and COVID screening. Open seating in the bleachers and social distancing are recommended. The public can also follow the ITF Women’s World Tennis Tour Rome Georgia tournament page to view draws and results – https://www.itftennis.com/en/tournament/w60-rome-ga/usa/2022/w-itf-usa-04a-2022/
With more than 100 tournaments throughout the country, the USTA Pro Circuit is the largest developmental tennis circuit in the world and is on the pathway to the US Open and tour-level competition for aspiring tennis players.