The National Weather Service in Peachtree City has issued a Flood Warning for the Chattooga River near Summerville.
* From Thursday morning to Friday morning.
* At 9:45 AM Tuesday the stage was 4.7 feet, and rising quickly.
* Flood stage is 14 feet.
* Minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast…The river will rise to 13.5 feet just after midnight
tonight. It will then fall to 9.8 feet and begin rising again
Wednesday evening. It will rise above flood stage Thursday morning
and continue to rise to 15.7 feet Thursday evening. It will then
fall below flood stage early Friday morning.
* Impact…At 16 feet, Minor flooding continues and expands further
into the woodlands and fields along the river upstream and
downstream from the gage on U.S. Highway 27 or Rome Boulevard.