House Destroyed by Fire

Summerville Firefighters were called to a structure fire early on Sunday morning on Fulmer Street.  According to Summerville Fire Chief Robby Lathem, the structure was fully involved by the time firefighters arrived on the scene.

Firefighters arrived around 6:20 AM at 126 Fulmer Street.

The house was abandoned, but Lathem says that it appears that the fire started in the chimney area of the house.  Firefighters searched the structure for the anyone that might have been inside, but did not locate anyone.

Firefighters hosed down the house next door because the blaze had melted the vinyl siding on the residence.  Lathem said that it was a “totally defensive fire” due to the structure being fully engulfed in flames by the time firefighters arrived.

No one was injured.