Fund Set Up for Victims of Fire

An account has been set up at United Community Bank in Summerville for the victims of a house fire in Lyerly this past week.

The early-morning fire on Smith Rail Road is believed to have been caused by faulty wiring. The family living in the mobile home at 816 Smith Rail Road all got out of the structure and were not injured, but the family’s pets died in the fire.

Summerville, Lyerly and Menlo Fire Departments were dispatched to the fire around 2:27 AM on Tuesday morning.

The American Red Cross was called in to assist the family.  Reportedly, the family had no insurance on the mobile home.