The National Weather Service in Peachtree City, Georgia has issued a Flood Watch for all of Northwest Georgia including Chattooga and surrounding counties.
From Monday afternoon through Tuesday evening
- Several waves of moderate to heavy rain will be moving in Monday and persisting for much of the week.
- Through Tuesday evening, three to four inches of rain with locally higher amounts are possible.
- Flooding could also occur in low- lying areas, rivers, small creeks and streams, which could continue well after the rain ends.
- PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS… A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on current forecasts.
- You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible Flood Warnings.
- Those living in areas prone to flooding should be prepared to take action should flooding develop.